Monday, May 17, 2010

" Love is a disease of the heart... in the end, there is no treatment curable and it might just kill you"- Betsy Johnson


I remember when I was a child, maybe around the age of seven; all of my friends and I would pick up a flower that had as many petals as it could hold. If anyone got the biggest petals it was be sheer bliss because that would mean they would get to go longer on the crush saying. By crush saying I mean when you go does he love me yes, does he love me no .... Now, at age seven this was a big deal, the era of the cooties had come out and having a crush on a boy back then meant you would be teased. So as I nervously picked up a flower, very cautious so that no one could see.. I remember saying " this is dumb, but secretly hoping I would land on the "he loves me" petal. I recall looking around and taking the first petal off" he loves me" moving on to petal six. I was already getting nervous, all kinds of questions popped into my head like any child at the age of seven would think. Questions like " what if it lands on he loves me not, is it true? Now thankfully it landed on he loves me but then again what then. Thinking back to those simplest of memories made me want to pick up a flower and do it all over again. As I sit here writing this I am holding the last petal of the flower I picked up today. I felt like a child nervous all over again but with more determination at this time. I plucked off petal after petal and as I got nearer I started to become nervous. At this point in time I need you Jeffrey to declare your love for me because throughout the tough times I know you still love me. Even though you hate me at this moment I can still feel it. Why else would you treat me as if I didn't exist. Regardless I still await your answer in hopes that with the last petal that I plucked you'll come back to me. Only I know what the last petal meant and what it's conclusion was. Till the next post ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment